Thursday, May 31, 2007

Discovering Del.icio.us and tagging - week 6, #13

I really enjoyed reading the suggested resources for this thing. While reading "The Several Habits of Wildly Successful Del.icio.us Users, which I really enjoyed, I discovered on the side, TwitterLit http://www.twitterlit.com/ - "twittering the first lines of books so you don't have too"

Twitter doesn't look like something I want to get very involved with, but this is fun. Twice a day, someone in charge posts the first line of a book, without the title, but linked to the book on Amazon. You can make it a contest for yourself and guess or just enjoy reading what gets posted. This could be adapted to use with students on a school site, doing this yourself or using this site. Librarians have used first lines for book talking for years. Now it's gone social and online!

1 comment:

IrmaPince said...

I love twitterlit. Thanks for posting it. It is addicting.