Thursday, May 31, 2007

Del.icio.us for real - week 6, #13

I've been using del.icio.us for several months now and I really like it. The resources provided here by the SL2.0 team were very helpful and I have subscribed to the RSS feed from the SL2.0 account as suggested. The Otter Group tutorial was very informative (including how one pronounces the name, even though I still seem to think of it with a sort of Italian pronounciation - del.icio.us, as starting with "deli" and then an accent on the "o" as I finish off the word). It doesn't look like "delicious" as one thinks of ice cream, for instance.

Anyway, this has been a great tool for me. Not only is it accessible, but the idea of using a unique tag for a set of links has been very useful. I recently took a class and when doing research, as I found a site online, I tagged it, and when I was ready to use the articles and sites, I had them all in a list with that tag. When I was finished with the project, I deleted many of the sites, and the tag, as it wasn't of general interest to me and I didn't need the collection any more. I really like the ease of having the Bookmarklet on my toolbar, on the home and school PCs, and on my MacBook, and everything is in one place and accessible.

I made a cloud bundle of my tags and added it to this blog. It doesn't include all of my tags as that would take up too much space, but it can be color coded to the color scheme of the blog. Gotta love it. I read in the Seven habits article, that now (in 2005) that Yahoo had purchased del.icio.us, it would probably be around for awhile. That's a good thing. I would hate to lose it now.

1 comment:

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

Glad you like Del.icio.us so much. We do too.

By the way, early bird, School Library Learning 2.0 officially starts today (June 1) and look how far along you are!